Addressing Back-to-School COVID-19 Concerns: Resources for Parents
If your child will be heading back to school in-person this year, you may be worried that your family will be exposed to COVID-19. Alternatively, if your child’s school district is moving forward with remote education, you might be wondering how you can help your child learn effectively online. As families prepare for this new school year, these resources will help you and your child get ready for either remote or in-person education.
Stock Up on Supplies
To keep your child safe at school, you’ll need to budget for these essential supplies.
- Buy or make several cloth face masks for your child to bring to school.
- Pack hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol in your child’s backpack.
- Purchase the all-natural ingredients you’ll need for effective DIY cleaning solutions.
Virtual Learning Resources
If your child will be attending school online, these resources will help them make the most of remote learning.
- If you have any questions about the curriculum, communicate with your child’s teacher.
- Follow these helpful remote learning tips to help your child focus on their assignments.
- Attend virtual religious services through First Baptist Church Groveport to support your family’s mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Whether your child will be attending school in person or online, you’ll need to commit to strict cleaning regimens to protect your family this fall.
- Wash your child’s clothes carefully on the warmest water setting to eliminate COVID-19.
- Establish a cleaning routine with “green” products to avoid contact with harsh chemicals.
- When your child returns home from any activity, clean their mask immediately.
- Don’t forget to clean and disinfect these overlooked corners of your home!
As a parent, there’s a good chance you’ve spent the summer thinking about how you can best support your child’s education this fall. Whether your youngster will be heading back to the school campus or logging on for distance learning, you will play a very important role. From keeping your home safe and clean to touching base with your child’s teacher, these resources will help you navigate the entire process.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!